Thursday 3 October 2013

Shake It Baby, Shake It


Don’t get me wrong, I LUV eggs – but every once and a while they just don’t cut it for me, and when I hit that humpty dumpty wall I turn to nutritious, protein filled (legit the most delish tasting things I’ve ever had) shakes and smoothies!

To continue on our breakfast push this week I figured I would share two of my all time FAVE shake recipes with ya’ll - just ‘cause I like you so much ;)

So without further ado…

Blueberry Blast Shake (Dr. Chris Mohr)

This is seriously my go to. Makes the most delicious shake every single time!


1 Cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 banana (frozen or regular – make sure its peeled though! lol)
1/2 Cup blueberries (I use the MOOV frozen blueberries from Costco – LUV ‘em!)
1 Scoop unflavoured or vanilla protein powder (I use vanilla – it’s divine!)
 
Stick everything in a blender and mix for about 30 seconds or until smooth.

*I also add greens to this one, just because I can, and you don’t even taste it!

Double Layer Mango/Raspberry Shake

This shake is so cool looking with two colourful layers; even your kids will luv it!


1 Cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 Cup frozen mango
1/2 Cup strawberries
1 Scoop unflavoured or vanilla protein powder (once again I used vanilla – LUV me some vanilla powder!!)

Blend together the milk, mango & protein powder until smooth. Pour half into a glass.  Add the strawberries & blend again until smooth. Pour slowly on top of the first layer! Voila!

PS. You could even do a third layer with greens like spinach or kale!

Hope this inspires you to go out and shake it up!

If you want to check out some more fabulous recipes, head over to our Bootcamp Recipes Resource and you’ll find some more healthy, delicious shake recipies just waiting for you!

Happy Shake Trails!


No comments:

Post a Comment