Wednesday 9 October 2013

Thanksgiving Grain-Free Pumpkin Bars

Honestly thought I put these on the blog last week, apparently I only shared the link - BUT - I'm not kidding you when I say that these are hands down the most delicious, healthy & clean eating treats I have ever tasted. 

I shared the recipe on my own personal facebook and a handful of my friends also made them - one thing that we all agree on is that these Grain Free Pumpkin Bars are to die for (not to mention totally pan worthy - as in, I could probably eat the whole pan by myself...).

But I digress - I'll start off by saying that this recipe is NOT my own creation, I came across this little gem while hunting for some delicious fall recipes at The Detoxinista - so please note that the recipe and ALL credit go to her! To see the recipe on her site, in its natural habitat - go here! She also has many other amazing clean eating recipes that look delish!

I'll stop rambling now so you can get to what you really came here for...


Grain Free Pumpkin Bars

(fills one 8" by 8" pan!)


  Photo credit: Detoxinista

1/2 cup almond butter 
1/2 cup pumpkin puree 
1/3 cup raw honey (or you can sub stevia, I used about 7 little packets in mine and they were still just as good) 
2 eggs 
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice 
1 tsp vanilla extract 
1/4 tsp salt 
1/2 tsp baking soda

Directions 

1.    Preheat oven to 350 and grease an 8” by 8” pan well with coconut oil or butter
2.    Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well until a smooth batter forms
3.    Transfer the batter to your greased pan and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until the edges are golden brown and the center is firm
4.    Allow to cool in the pan (or not if you are like me and can’t wait…)
5.    Cut, Serve & ENJOY!

I mean come on people - you have got to give these a shot... she even makes a maple pecan glaze to go on them - can someone say delicious! (Though I must say that I have absolutely no problem eating them without that delicious mapley goodness)

These would be the perfect, healthy thanksgiving treat for you and your family! The whole crew will love them, so long as they enjoy pumpkin and things that are delicious!

Hoping that you all have a fab week leading up to Thanksgiving!

Enjoy xx






No comments:

Post a Comment